Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

my laptop dont recognize my hero 8 black

i try with two original gopro cable, i removed battery and memory card, i try with another card, i have last firmware on gopro and windows is up to date with last update,i try on all 3 usb 3.0 slots, with my iphone xs and my old computer i can connect with my camera but with laptop i cant :(

i see it in'' device and printers'' but in explorer dont appear ( i put a print screen here)

My laptop specification: intel core i7, 9th generation, 16 GB ram,1TB ssd intel, windows 10 pro

Screenshot (3).png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: my laptop dont recognize my hero 8 black

Hello, @bonoman. These troubleshooting steps will help. If not, you may try this user-shared solution

Highlighted
Nomad

Hi Mariustanya, i try both solutions but no change, I watch the video from YouTube and I try and same problem, when I connect hero 8 I hear a sound connection from my laptop but in windows explorer my camera don’t appear :(
Highlighted
Nomad

in Quick app same problem , camera don't appear

Highlighted
Nomad

i updated manualy my camera software and no change, camera dont appear in windows explorer. i can see  and copy al media from sd card to my laptop only if i take out sd card from camera and put in card reader

Highlighted
Nomad

I had the same issue, and it fixed itself at random.  I simply just spent about 20 minutes plugging in the camera and plugging out the camera using the various USB ports of the pc.  Eventually it worked on the very first USB port that I had tried originally.

Highlighted
Nomad

i have been trying all day to put in or out usb cable, no results

Highlighted
Nomad

Last chance to resolve this problem is buying another cable usb 3.1 tip C generation 2
I read on many websites, this is a major problem for many people because GoPro sell GoPro hero 8 with old model data cable , GoPro must change this strategy and for future add an usb 3 cable !!!
When I receive the new cable I will writing here if problem was resolved. Sorry for my bad English:)