Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

my hero 7 will not download videos to an Ipad air. my hero 4 has worked fine for years. why?

the secure data card from my new hero 7 will not download videos to an Ipad air, 

my hero 4 has worked fine for years with the ipad.

this happens using the same micro sd data card, so the card is not the problem.

but the card from the hero 7 will downoad videos to a PC. Is the problem the video format on the hero 7? 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: my hero 7 will not download videos to an Ipad air. my hero 4 has worked fine for years. why?

Hi @chuckw3rd

Does it work if files are transferred via the GoPro app?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: my hero 7 will not download videos to an Ipad air. my hero 4 has worked fine for years. why?

Thanks

both videos and photos transferred succesfully using wifi to the gopro app on the ipad. 

They both end up in the gopro media folder found on the go prop app. They do not go the "photos" folder on the ipad

FYI, hero 7 silver Videos will not transfert to the ipad photo folder using the ipad card reader.

chuckw3rd

Highlighted
GoPro

@chuckw3rd, this new method of saving files comes with a few benefits including better/faster storage quality, live streaming directly to Facebook fan pages, permanent media storage for Quikstories, and others.

You can download your files to mobile device's internal storage. The file first goes to the GoPro App's media folder, but is up to 3x faster than before as it no longer needs to transcode your files. Check out this article for more info - https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-View-Copy-and-Delete-Media-Using-the-GoPro-App