Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

my hero 5 black skips the main screen and will only allow me to lock or unlock the screen

When I turn on my hero 5 black, it shows the main screen for a half second, then shows the settings (ex. 1080 / 60/MED) at the bottom of the screen.  The only function that works is to swipe down to lock the screen and tap to unlock.  I cant connect to the app, or reset the connection without the main page functions.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: my hero 5 black skips the main screen and will only allow me to lock or unlock the screen

It sounds like you're pressing the shutter button to power on your camera.  This isn't the proper way to power on your camera, what you're actually doing is activating the "Quick Capture" mode which immediately starts your camera recording.

Make sure you are using the button the side of the camera to power on your camera (which IS that actual power button).  That way the camera will power on as per normal and you will have full access to the menu's and settings including wireless setup.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: my hero 5 black skips the main screen and will only allow me to lock or unlock the screen

It sounds like you're pressing the shutter button to power on your camera.  This isn't the proper way to power on your camera, what you're actually doing is activating the "Quick Capture" mode which immediately starts your camera recording.

Make sure you are using the button the side of the camera to power on your camera (which IS that actual power button).  That way the camera will power on as per normal and you will have full access to the menu's and settings including wireless setup.