Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

my gopro tells me usb card error i put in a new one and it still tells me card error

my new gopro5 tells me card error i put in a new one and it still tell me card error whats wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: my gopro tells me usb card error i put in a new one and it still tells me card error

You need a card from this list. https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

32GB & 64GB tend to work best.
I've had very good performance with the SanDisk Extreme v30 (v30 is important and needs to be printed on the card) 64GB.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: my gopro tells me usb card error i put in a new one and it still tells me card error

Make sure you are getting your cards from a reputable source. The error coming up after a period of proper functioning is sometimes the result of a counterfeited SD card. You should look up online how to identify if your card is "fake" or counterfeited. Just to be sure.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Could be an issue with the SD slot. What cards are you using? Did you ever accidently slide a card in the space between the SD slot and battery? Are you on the latest firmware?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @muja28,

I agree with danielr.

We'll wait for your response. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your replys guys  The card i have in the gopro is  64 EVO  XC1         AND A U WITH A 1  IN IT  i am very new to gopro i only got it last week  and dont know about the Firmware which one i have i had a 32 evo  card in it but that did the same thing so i got a 128 sd card and that did not work at all  so i got the 64 card it works ok for a while then tells me card error 

thanks again 

Victor

Highlighted
Explorer

You need a card from this list. https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

32GB & 64GB tend to work best.
I've had very good performance with the SanDisk Extreme v30 (v30 is important and needs to be printed on the card) 64GB.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your reply i have ordered one 64 GB  today  Let you know how it goes    😊

Spoiler

victor

Highlighted
Explorer

Make sure you are getting your cards from a reputable source. The error coming up after a period of proper functioning is sometimes the result of a counterfeited SD card. You should look up online how to identify if your card is "fake" or counterfeited. Just to be sure.