Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

my go pro hero 5 keeps sticking, I can't connect it to the app & it's flashing red & purple light

My hero pro 5 keeps sticking. I have to turn it off and starts again. After one video or photo it sticks again. I've tried updating the camera software but it keeps cutting out when it down loads. 

I can't connect it to the app to see what's happening.

This camera is about 9 months old. It should not be malfuncitoning like this. I can't find any advice to fix this problem. Where can I talk to a real person to fix the issue or get a new camera?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: my go pro hero 5 keeps sticking, I can't connect it to the app & it's flashing red & purple l...

Hi @dfpf,

I am sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with your HERO5. It sounds like the camera is freezing up based off your description. There are a few things that can cause that to happen. I understand that you have tried to update the camera but have you tried a manual update? Also what SD Card are you using? 

I would give the steps in this article a try if you are still running into some issues: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Camera-Freezes-Up

Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: my go pro hero 5 keeps sticking, I can't connect it to the app & it's flashing red & purple l...

Hi @dfpf,

I am sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with your HERO5. It sounds like the camera is freezing up based off your description. There are a few things that can cause that to happen. I understand that you have tried to update the camera but have you tried a manual update? Also what SD Card are you using? 

I would give the steps in this article a try if you are still running into some issues: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Camera-Freezes-Up

Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Ryan