Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

mp4 files not showing on Mac

I'm new to GoPro cameras and have a Hero 7 Black. I just recorded some time-lapse video and time-lapse photos. When I plug the micro SD card into my MacBook Pro, the Mac lists the photos but does not show the .mp4 files. The camera sees and plays the .mp4s just fine.

What am I doing wrong? Where are the video files?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: mp4 files not showing on Mac

OK, so....

My mistake. I found that Time-Lapse Photos all get saved into their own individual folders within the DCIM folder. But all the MP4 video files get lumped together into a singe folder within the DCIM folder. And the modified date of that folder shown in the MacOS Finder does not update when a new MP4 is added. So when I saw all the folders I assumed they all contained TLPhotos not videos.

View solution in original post

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 9.12.28 AM.png

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

OK, so....

My mistake. I found that Time-Lapse Photos all get saved into their own individual folders within the DCIM folder. But all the MP4 video files get lumped together into a singe folder within the DCIM folder. And the modified date of that folder shown in the MacOS Finder does not update when a new MP4 is added. So when I saw all the folders I assumed they all contained TLPhotos not videos.

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 9.12.28 AM.png
Highlighted
Hiker

Oh, actually, the MP4s apparently get thrown into any of the other folders. I'm not seeing the logic. I guess you have to hunt through all your folders to find the files you're looking for.