Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

memory cards ......

This relates to the Hero 7 Black.

I need to replace my memory card.   I am using

SDSQXA1-256G-GN6MA

which appears on the GoPro list.  However, this is not available for sale in this country on-line (shops closed due to lockdown who do have listed in stock) but the following card is

SDSQXA1-256G-GN6MN

I cannot find out what is the difference between the two cards other than the change of last letter but the second card is not on the GoPro list.

So, I was wondering, will it work?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: memory cards ......

@peterj5043, the microSD cards in the GoPro list are the ones tested and known to work well with GoPro cameras.  

To get more details about the difference between these two SD cards, I suggest that you contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have already made enquiry of SanDisk but they will only respond after two working days so that would likely be Wednesday of next week before I hear anything ....

So basically you are saying that GoPro does not know if the card will work or not because it has not been tested.  Perhaps it will work....  a single letter difference may be the same card but a different distribution method.... 

Highlighted
Hiker

SanDisk have responded to my enquiry .......  very fast service.

They say that the model number differences denote a different manufacturing location but the cards themselves are identical.

Hope that helps somebody else looking for information....