Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

media cannot be viewed or saved

[ New ]

This is a new problem that I have not experienced. I have been using this micro sd card for a year and the camera for 2 years and they have both been fine. Now, however, I am not able to view any files nor do they save themselves. I can record and take photos, however, when I go to see my media there is a grey panel for each one saying 'unable to view'. After turning off my GoPro I would come back to check my files and these grey ones would have disappeared. I have tried using different micro sd cards and the same problem still occurs. Can you please help me asap.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: media cannot be viewed or saved

[ New ]

Hi @alexeis44032

Though the SD card may work, we can't guarantee it's consistency. 

We still recommend using one from this list.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

HI @alexeis44032

What SD card are you using?

Where are you viewing the files?

Does the same happen when viewing the files via the desktop/mobile app?

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

The SD brand is called NEXT BASE and its a 16GB micro SD. I know there are certain sd cards recommended for gopros however this sd card has previously worked fine. From what im describing I was viewing the files on the gopro itself. However when i view them on the computer or the phone the files dont even show up. On the gopro itself it shows that i have recorded but says that i cannot view the files.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alexeis44032

Though the SD card may work, we can't guarantee it's consistency. 

We still recommend using one from this list.

Thanks!

Ej