Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

many problems with GoPro HERO8 Black!!!!!

[ New ]

Hi, there are several problems with GoPro Hero 8 Black!!!

1. the camera gets really hot -- I am not doing anything, just turn ON the camera and after few minutes I can barely hold it in my hands, I am not keeping the camera in the sun;

2. the camera freeze on LiveBurst -- I must remove the battery for further usage;

3. the battery of the camera drains really fast -- I mean really, really, really fast / at low temperatures the camera dies in a second;

4. to connect the camera to GoPro APP ( android ) it's a pain in the a.... elbow!!

5. GoPro Quik Desktop don't recognize all recordings -- the files appear in Explorer ( windows 10 ) but in the app I can see several.

I have also GoPro Hero 4 Session - for that camera I can give a straight 10 - works great! but GoPro Hero 8 is a big disappointment !!!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: many problems with GoPro HERO8 Black!!!!!

[ New ]

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your HERO8 Black camera, @granddive50220. First, we'd like to isolate possible causes of the issue. 

If you haven't yet, reflash camera firmware following the steps under Manual Update here. even if your camera may already have the latest firmware, doing the update manually will clear our any possible error with the current installation. After the update, perform a camera reset .

It is also important that the camera uses a recommended SD card. If not yet, here is a list of recommended ones. 

Once the update and reset are done, determine battery integrity through a short record time test with steps detailed in this article.

Test the camera again after all these steps. Let us know how it goes. When using Quik for desktop again, you may have to check on the resolution settings used for recording. Some files could be using HEVC. These files need specific system requirements to playback correctly. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

6. GoPro Quik Desktop show black screen on videos

Tourist

[ New ]

7. wrong timestamp of photos and videos 

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your HERO8 Black camera, @granddive50220. First, we'd like to isolate possible causes of the issue. 

If you haven't yet, reflash camera firmware following the steps under Manual Update here. even if your camera may already have the latest firmware, doing the update manually will clear our any possible error with the current installation. After the update, perform a camera reset .

It is also important that the camera uses a recommended SD card. If not yet, here is a list of recommended ones. 

Once the update and reset are done, determine battery integrity through a short record time test with steps detailed in this article.

Test the camera again after all these steps. Let us know how it goes. When using Quik for desktop again, you may have to check on the resolution settings used for recording. Some files could be using HEVC. These files need specific system requirements to playback correctly. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @vladd4564. Is this wrong time stamp observed on the camera itself, or the footage when viewed through a media player? Which media player or application are you using?