Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

long time streaming

Hello

before purchasing an Hero 7 black, I need to know please what factors will limit the play time of the camera : the battery, the storage capacity, or something else ?  does the video steaming continue when the SD card is full  ?  

Indeed, I need a long video (2 hours) with quasi real time streaming on a close monitor. Is it possible to keep the camera  plugged to reload permanently the battery ? and if all the video production is transfered to a monitor for real time viewing,  can this production be recorded on another computer ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: long time streaming

Hi @megavista20383,

You have an option to save high definition or high quality video on your phone since it's the device that is being used to broadcast live. 

To answer your question as long as you have battery it will keep on recording because you have 2 options. 1 broadcast live and save it on the website and 2 broadcast live and save HD on your phone/camera. 

And with regards to recording it on another computer I don't know if that would be possible for now.

Regards,

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @megavista20383,

You have an option to save high definition or high quality video on your phone since it's the device that is being used to broadcast live. 

To answer your question as long as you have battery it will keep on recording because you have 2 options. 1 broadcast live and save it on the website and 2 broadcast live and save HD on your phone/camera. 

And with regards to recording it on another computer I don't know if that would be possible for now.

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

ok, thanks. If I select broadcast live and recording on the camera, does the broadcast continue when the storage capacity is full ?
Thank you, regards
GoPro

I haven't checked that @megavista20383,

Good question. 

Let me try to check it and I'll let you know. 

But I think it should still continue on the live session the only thing that will be affected is the file that will be saved to the SD card. 

-Jay 

Tourist

ok, thanks

G

Nomad

Might be able to use an HDMI recorder for the other port, the non USB-C one.   

If that one is active during Live. 

GoPro

Hi @megavista20383,

The live stream is interrupted once SD card is full. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

ok thanks

And as far as I know, the SD card will be full before 2 hours of video recording...

So, I am in a deadlock, unless putting a highest capacity SD Card? 

Good days, happy to read you again

G