Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

live streaming MAX to laptop

I'm following below step, trying to stream live 360 video to my laptop:

1. connect laptop to MAX wifi

2. laptop browser open: http://10.5.5.9/gp/gpControl/execute?p1=gpStream&c1=restart 

3. laptop CMD run: ffplay -fflags nobuffer -f:v mpegts -probesize 8192 udp://:8554

however I'm getting 2 fisheye side by side, but I read it's in-camera stiching, and output 5K 360 video.

does anyone know how to live streaming 360 without much delay?

thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: live streaming MAX to laptop

The images are stitched when the information is written to the SD card.  When you stream you get two seperate low resolution fish eye images as the streaming function is really only used for camera capture setup.

Highlighted
Tourist

thanks for the reply!

wondering how the APP on my iphone is doing...is it reading the SD card on the fly?

is there a way that we can do preview mode and get 360 on my laptop..

Highlighted
Nomad

OK, read carefully

"The images are stitched when the information is written to the SD card. "

So when you play back media from your card, you're getting a low resolution video playback of the stitched image.

"When you stream you get two seperate low resolution fish eye images as the streaming function is really only used for camera capture setup".

This means that your live preview is two seperate low resolution images as it's a live preview, not stitched media being played back from the card.  

That is how your app works.

is there a way that we can do preview mode and get 360 on my laptop..

Yes,

A:  become a programmer and create some software that can succesfully stitch two low resolution preview images streamed from your camera.

Or

B:  Just use your iPhone app since it does this anyway.

Highlighted
Tourist

thanks a lot for the details.

ideally, I would like to live streaming the 5.6K stitched video directly to some client that I will create...

like you said, probably, will just work on the low resolution dual-fisheye.

BTW, by any chance, do you know any way to read the SD card to get the 360 stream from my laptop wire or wirelessly while 360 recording is on?