Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

lexar 512gb 633x sd card not formatting with hero 9

[ New ]

I purchased a Lexar 512gb 633x micro SDXC UHS-I  model # LSDM512BBNL633A  for my Hero 9 which is running the latest firmware version 1.52 

When I insert the sd card the camera ask me to format it but then just says "formatting" for like an hour or until the battery runs out. 

Side note: I mistaked my go pro's and accidentally inserted the memory card into a GoPro 8 and attempted a format but then realized it when it wasn't working what I had done.

Then I put the SD card onto my windows desktop and formatted it that way....  then stuck it in my Hero 9 and then it asked to format it but it never does.

GoPro

Re: lexar 512gb 633x sd card not formatting with hero 9

[ New ]

Hi @raburt21

For higher capacity SD cards, we recommend formatting them on a computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I’ve tried that and I am able to format the SD on the computer however when I put it into the GoPro Hero 9 the go pro doesn’t recognize it and tries to format it.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @raburt21. In this case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support Team for further troubleshooting. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. Once connected, you may direct them to this page for reference on which steps you have already taken. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the SAME SD card because documentation said it was compatible, and I'm having the SAME problem.  After an hour it still doesn't format and burns my battery out.  Have you found a solution to this issue yet??

Tourist

[ New ]
I bought another 512mb sd card and returned the other one. The new one started working right away it didn’t even take the time to format. Same exact card.
Tourist

[ New ]

Okay so you just re-ordered the same Lexar 512-GB card and returned the old one and it's working?