Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

lens mod shake

[ New ]

I just got my new 9 and the lens mod.  When I use it with the mod on I get a strange vibration in the video on playback.  This is both on the camera and when I play it on my computer.

Anyone else have this issue?

Chris 

Backpacker

Re: lens mod shake

[ New ]

It would probably help if you uploaded the video to YouTube and posted the link here.  That way we could see what the issue is.  A "strange vibration" could be anything depending on how one defines strange.

So post the video and people can give you advice on what to do!

Tourist

[ New ]

Great idea... ill do that. 

Thanks

Tourist

[ New ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZhGZZ-sbII

Did this work?

I have made contact with support and she had me try a manual update which I did and this was the result.

running update 1.52

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Backpacker

[ New ]

Perfect, well done!

Clip was a little short but it looks like that "vibration" you are seeing or "blurring" is being caused by having Hypersmooth enabled while indoors under poorly lit conditions.  You have fluorescent lights there, and while they look bright to you, in terms of wattage output they aren't great at all.  Hypersmooth requires a LOT of light to work properly, this is why it's best used outdoors.

If you use it indoors you pretty much have to manually boost your ISO levels on the camera and adjust your shutter speed to compensate.  This is even truer when using the lens mode as it's a very wide angle lens that needs to crop a lot of the image in order not to film the edges of the lens therefore reducing the available light that EIS has to work with.

Honestly, indoors or a night, I'd turn off hypersmooth and use a gimbal.  Outdoors on a bright sunny day, you shouldn't have any issues.

Tourist

[ New ]

That really makes a lot of sense.  I will give that a shot.  Thank you so much!

Chris