Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

lagging while streaming

[ New ]

I have a Hero 8.  I would like to stream to facebook live using the 8 as my webcam.  When i select the gopro in the facebook camera options, everything is great.  As soon as I GO LIVE, the camera starts to lag.  If I wave my hand in front of the camera, it takes about 25-30 seconds to see it come across the monitor.  When it does, it's happening in super slo-mo.  

Are there any fixes for this?

My camera is up to date, and I'm on mac OS 10.15.6.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: lagging while streaming

[ New ]

Hello, @peaceyfan. It is not unusual for the stream to lag behind the actual footage but 25 to 30 seconds is quite long. 

Have you already updated your HERO8  Black camera to version 2.0? Please do so. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. See if updating to this firmware version will help clear the lag issue. For details on the improvements and bug fixes, see this page

Also, make sure that you are using a compatible cable to connect your camera with your computer. More tips are posted through this group for your reference. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: lagging while streaming

[ New ]

Hello, @peaceyfan. It is not unusual for the stream to lag behind the actual footage but 25 to 30 seconds is quite long. 

Have you already updated your HERO8  Black camera to version 2.0? Please do so. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. See if updating to this firmware version will help clear the lag issue. For details on the improvements and bug fixes, see this page

Also, make sure that you are using a compatible cable to connect your camera with your computer. More tips are posted through this group for your reference.