Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

is there a way to have the camera automatically recognize devices such as my phone or remote?

is there a way to have the camera automatically recognize devices such as my phone or remote?  Every time i start up the camera I have to reconnect the devices.

Also, is there a way to post videos directly to sights like Facebook and instagram?

And, last question...i just want to double verify before i submerge my new camera in a pool that it is in fact waterproof.  Does it need to have the outter protective case on it to be waterproof? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: is there a way to have the camera automatically recognize devices such as my phone or remote?

@jlohry - Once paired, the devices should connect pretty easily on subsequent sessions. It's not an automatic process since it does require you to switch the wifi source, but we're trying to make it as easy as we can.

There's not a way to post to Facebook or Instagram directly from the camera, but you can post to them from your mobile device.

The HERO5 Black is waterproof as long as the doors remain closed. It does not need an external housing, but using the Frame that comes with the camera is a good idea since it helps prevent accidental door openings while in use.

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: is there a way to have the camera automatically recognize devices such as my phone or remote?

@jlohry - Once paired, the devices should connect pretty easily on subsequent sessions. It's not an automatic process since it does require you to switch the wifi source, but we're trying to make it as easy as we can.

There's not a way to post to Facebook or Instagram directly from the camera, but you can post to them from your mobile device.

The HERO5 Black is waterproof as long as the doors remain closed. It does not need an external housing, but using the Frame that comes with the camera is a good idea since it helps prevent accidental door openings while in use.

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you!