Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

incorrect time

I took a video to understand the issue better :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBENJv9NWwU

As you can see - even gopro's time settings are the same with wristwatch, later on with video export on Quik app the time shows wrong. I Don't know if is somehow related with timezones - this video is taken UTC/GMT +3, BUT it doesnt matter - check the frame from another video (see attachment)
 - the video data shows wristwatch time plus 3 hrs, however in this video minus 3hrs.

the hell is wrong with GOPRO????

9P7eVYB.jpg
As you can see - even gopro's time settings are the same with wristwatch, later on with video export on Quik app the time is wrong. I Don't know if is somehow related with timezones - this video is taken UTC/GMT +3, BUT it doesnt matter - check this frame from another video ...
GoPro

Re: incorrect time

Hello @kristapsvanags

Thank you for the feedback. We have already reported this issue to the team. We will keep you posted once we get an update. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

Hi @mariustanya

thanks for the reply! Does Gopro team plan to upgrade H5 ? if yes, when?

Tourist

I have the exact same issue with a GoPro Hero 7 White. Firmware and apps are up to date but video shows the wrong time. They are consistenly 5 hours off. ie: A video taken at 7PM shows as 2PM. I notice this when I upload to Google Photos. Pictures do not have this problem, only video. I've tried transferring via the app and direclty from the SD card yet the problem persists. 

Tourist

Oh boy! Just be curious - Are you in timezone GMT -5 ? I just want to get clear what makes this issue. Could it be "video shot time" + "timezone difference from GMT" = video shot time shown on Google photos.
For my situation the formula would be (Latvia, GMT+3 on DST) : 5PM + (GMT+3) = 8PM (20:00 on the previous post)
Now in wintertime the time difference on gopro files and Google photos is the same as GMT time (+2)
For you - 7PM + (GMT-5) = 2PM
Where's the coincidence?
Is the issue generated depending in which time zone the GoPro video are uploaded?
Sorry for my English.
Tourist

Hey @mariustanya, any update? It's been 6 months and this still seems to be an issue, or at least a similar issue is happening with my Hero7 Black.

GoPro

Hello Everyone!

We are still waiting for information regarding this.

In the meantime, see if the workaround shared on this thread will work on your end.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/7-Black-Video-file-meta-time-is-wrong/td-p/246993

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Hey, I found a solution to my situation: I bought a MicroSD USB reader and uploaded from PC to Google photos. Finally, there are no more differences in shot time shown in GP and GoPro.

hope it helps you!

cheers