Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: iPhone X cannot connect to Hero 5 using GoPro App

Hi @lwhn

I am sorry if you're unable to pair your camera to your phone. Please go over the steps listed here: Solve GoPro App Connection Issues

Should it still be the same, please watch out for the next update which will be released soon.

Thanks!

EJ

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@bluedusk25062wrote:
I have solved my problem doing this:

1-Reset the wifi ok my herosession
2-Going to my iphone Bluetooth and forgetting de gopro Bluetooth connection.
3-Pair my go pro with the app as a new connection.

It doesn’t Works at the first try so I repeat this steps about three times and it finally works.

I have yo say thanks yo my 17 years old brother that gives me that instruccions. He said “it’s a piece ok cake”.
I must to say sorry for my english because i’m from uruguay. I golpe this steps works for you.

I’ll be waiting for your comments

THIS WORKED!!! It did take almost 10 times to work, and almost gave up few times but had to be persistant. Thank you for the tip Cat Wink

Highlighted
Sightseer

My Hero 3 Black with iPhone x connection problem solved after i connect with entering ssid with wpa2 password configuration form wifi Network settings
Highlighted
Tourist

I just purchased my GoPro on 2018/07/27 and have all day and as well as today trying different methods to connect to my iPhone X. I have the latest firmware for iPhone, 11.4.1 and I updated the Gopro to latest firmware update as well which HERO5 Black v02.60 | October 19, 2017, none of this has helped. I have checked the wifi and Bluetooth and the GoPro does not show up at all under either setting. Is the unit defective? Otherwise I am returning it back. Thank you.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @littejohn68

Please try to reset Wireless Connection on your camera. 

Try to turn on and off the Wireless connection and if that won't work please contact GoPro Customer Support. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello @graytree76514

I have done the following: 1. Reset Connection GoPro 5 Black 12X

2. Reset iPhone X 12X

3. Turn off/on Wifi & Bluetooth on iPhone X

When I look for the GoPro 5 Black Wifi SSID, it does not show up at all in the wifi settings. I also pulled out my iPhone 4s to see if the SSID will come up there, no luck. I also used my friends iPhone 7 Plus, camera's SSID did not show up there either. I have looked on the front screen and the wifi icon appears, and the blue light in front is blinking. I do not believe that the camera is transmitting any wifi signal unless it's hidden. I entered the SSID & password that appears on the screen when trying to connect to the app manually. That doesn't work either, I have entered with password, WEP, WPA, WPA2....etc. All have failed to work. Any other options I have not considered?

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for those details @littejohn68,

It would be best to contact GoPro Customer Support. 

They will check that for you. 

You can contact them via phone or chat. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay