Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

iPhone X cannot connect to Hero 5 using GoPro App

Hi,

I cannot get the GoPro app on my iPhone X to connect to my Hero 5 Black camera.

It comes up with an error saying "Cannot connect to *NETWRK NAME*. Incorrect Password".

I have scoured the web and done everything that has been recommended:

- Forgot GoPro WIFI on iPhone

- Forgot GoPro Bluetooth on iPhone

- Factory reset GoPro

- Deleted / redownloaded GoPro App on iPhone

- Updated GoPro firmware

- Tried to connect directly to the GoPro wifi without the app

- Used the Reset Connections on the GoPro

etc.

NOTHING IS WORKING!

Please advise, and please do not recommend something i have already tried above - all combinations of this has been tried for a good 3-4 hours.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: iPhone X cannot connect to Hero 5 using GoPro App

Hi @lwhn

I am sorry if you're unable to pair your camera to your phone. Please go over the steps listed here: Solve GoPro App Connection Issues

Should it still be the same, please watch out for the next update which will be released soon.

Thanks!

EJ

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@ktownley - It sounds like you've tried all of the core troubleshooting steps. Our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be glad to work with you on this to see if we can figure out why it's not connecting.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Sightseer

did you come to a solution for this?   trying to connect session4 to my iphone x..  just keeps saying 

"let's try that again..  There seems to be an issue connecting to your GoPro"  right after i enter the pin on the phone.. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I’ve got the same problem as brianw222. iPhone 7 ios11.2.6.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I am in THEE same boat!  Incredibly frustrating!!! Cat Mad And I work in a technology troubleshooting field for a living.

Latest things I've noticed:

-When it displays the PIN, my wifi settings show the Hero4 is broadcasting wifi by showing network name as "GP1234567", meaning GP and several last numbers of the serial number.

-That means the Hero4 is broadcasting its wifi, but when I enter (what I think) is the default pw (gopro), it doesnt let me join/ join button is disabled.

I have no issue connecting my iphone6+, my former phone. I have contacted support but is seems time consuming so far.  The last agent confirmed will be an app update for the GoPro app "very soon." Been couple months and waiting.  Also said iphoneX fimware is too new to for Hero4. 

Hope this helps!  Will keep my eye on this thread Cat Wink

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I know your post is about Hero5, but same issue with Hero4.

Also have disabled wifi and data on my iphone X, and have bluetooth enabled ONLY. hero4 says it connected to the phone but app does not. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I have solved my problem doing this:

1-Reset the wifi ok my herosession
2-Going to my iphone Bluetooth and forgetting de gopro Bluetooth connection.
3-Pair my go pro with the app as a new connection.

It doesn’t Works at the first try so I repeat this steps about three times and it finally works.

I have yo say thanks yo my 17 years old brother that gives me that instruccions. He said “it’s a piece ok cake”.
I must to say sorry for my english because i’m from uruguay. I golpe this steps works for you.

I’ll be waiting for your comments
Highlighted
Sightseer

i have the same problem at my session 4 connect to iPhone X