Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

iPhone App connects to GoPro Hero 3+ WiFi but it never connects

[ New ]

Egad.   I don't know what to do to get my GoPro Hero 3+ to actually connect to my iPhone App.  As the title says, I can connect the App to the GoPro Wifi - no problem there.  The issue is that when the app is open and I try to connect - the app doesn't see the GoPro.  

What am I doing wrong?

What should I do to make this work?

I made a video showing the issue 

Here is the video

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: iPhone App connects to GoPro Hero 3+ WiFi but it never connects

[ New ]

@snowystar28406, apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We try to help out as best as we can. Typically, the connection issue between the camera and GoPro App can be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings.

Additionally, we've already released a newer version of the GoPro App. Please ensure to have the updated version installed on your mobile device.

Once you have everything updated, you can try these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here.

Hopefully, this helps. Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

[ New ]
Did you receive any guidance? Im having the same issue.....
Hiker

[ New ]

Nope, I haven't received any guidence or help with this issue.    =(

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @snowystar28406 and  @krichard,

Please remove any paired camera or GoPro Device on your phone's Bluetooth Settings. 

After unpairing them remove your HERO3 camera from the app or the GoPro App. 

The next step is to update your camera's firmware and Wi-Fi username and Password. 

We just need to this to match the firmware and Wi-Fi settings of your camera. 

Download and Update your Password by visiting this website: www.gopro.com/update

Here's the step by step instruction: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/Software-Update-Instructions-for-HERO3plus-Cameras

Regards,

-Jay 

Hiker

[ New ]

I can't figure it out.   

Hiker

[ New ]

This is WAY too complicated.   I'll buy another camera that just works out of the box. (not a Gopro).   

GoPro

[ New ]

You may contact GoPro Customer Support for assistance @snowystar28406.

Visit this link : https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

-Jay

Hiker

[ New ]

Followed your instructions.  That didn't work.  I'll document this on YouTube.    I've lost interest in GoPro.  I just need something that actually works.  

GoPro

[ New ]

@snowystar28406, apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We try to help out as best as we can. Typically, the connection issue between the camera and GoPro App can be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings.

Additionally, we've already released a newer version of the GoPro App. Please ensure to have the updated version installed on your mobile device.

Once you have everything updated, you can try these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here.

Hopefully, this helps. Let us know how it goes.