Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

iPhone 8 Plus crash

It seems that, on the last couple of weeks, something on my iPhone 8 Plus connectivity is not allowing me to connect my camera to the app in order to preview the image, set the resolution or download the files. When I tried on my mom's 6S Plus it connects perfectly and allows to do everything I listed earlier thru the app. Please let me know if someone is having the same problem.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: iPhone 8 Plus crash

Hi @lordthiago

Have you tried removing all bluetooth ID or registered bluetooth device on your iPhone?

They try to pair again. 

Before pairing it make sure that the cellular data is turned off. 

Please let us know if that will work.

Thanks,

-jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @lordthiago

Are you getting any particular error message when you try to pair your iPhone 8 Plus to the app? Please make sure that the app on your phone is the latest version. You can do this by uninstalling and re-installing the app. Also check if the phone is already running on the latest OS. Try manually updating the camera to clear out any possible error with the current installation. This is even if the camera may already have the latest firmware, and is observed to connect with a different phone. You can find manual update instructions below:  

1. Go to the HERO5 Session update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that the camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to the update process. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello Marius,

Already called support to solve it. I uninstalled the app and installed it back again, updated my camera manually and also tried to connect it to a third device (Samsung) and it works perfectly. iOS version is up to date and also camera software. I tried restoring my iPhone's network settings to forget any Wi-Fi network connected and it didn't worked. It's frustrating because a couple of weeks ago my iPhone could connect to the camera and now it says "It seems that there is a problem connecting with your gopro's Wi-Fi. Please turn the camera off an then turn it on and try again"

If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Thank you!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @lordthiago

Have you tried removing all bluetooth ID or registered bluetooth device on your iPhone?

They try to pair again. 

Before pairing it make sure that the cellular data is turned off. 

Please let us know if that will work.

Thanks,

-jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello Jay,

It worked. But before trying your suggestion, I restored my iPhone's settings and restored again the networks settings. Then I tried what you said, and it's back again.

Thanks for the support!
Highlighted
GoPro

Awesome @lordthiago!

Glad to know that. 

Feel free to let us know if you have other question. 

-Jay