Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

iPad Mini (2019 model) with Apple USB3 camera adapter download from Hero7 Black and Hero6 Black?

I have a Hero7 Black and a Hero6 Black.  On holiday I like to be able to edit files from the GoPros on my iPad Mini (current, 2019 model) but download via WiFi is   w-a-y   t-o-o   s-l-o-w .  Has anybody successfully used the Apple USB3 camera adapter with either of these GoPros?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: iPad Mini (2019 model) with Apple USB3 camera adapter download from Hero7 Black and Hero6 Black?

@bamber2000, the GoPro App on mobile devices can only connect to the GoPro cameras via Wireless connection.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: iPad Mini (2019 model) with Apple USB3 camera adapter download from Hero7 Black and Hero6 Black?

Thank you.

I was planning on downloading GoPro media directly into the iPadOS photos app.  Do you know whether that can be done?

Highlighted
GoPro

@bamber2000, in general, you can use a USB-C card adapter or reader to connect the microSD card to the device, and then access your GoPro files in the SD card from there. However, we do not have official documentation recommending this process and I haven't personally tried this out. Other Hub users may also have some ideas. We can watch out for their suggestions.