Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

i have two gopro hero4 and neither record audio with an external mic.

[ New ]

I have two hero 4s and both at the same time jsut stopped recording audio with an external mic. is there a reason for this

GoPro

Re: i have two gopro hero4 and neither record audio with an external mic.

[ New ]

Hello, @markperryphoto. Was there any recent change made to the cameras including an update? or a change in the mode or resolution settings used for recording? A different microphone introduced to the setup? It is odd for both units to suddenly stop recording. 

To isolate, you may perform a manual update of the camera firmware, formatting the SD card in the process. Please note that formatting erases all SD card contents so you might want to save the files first. Make sure as well that the port and connectors are clean and without debris. Let us know how it goes. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
No change. I got a new microphone but that was months ago. As it sits neither records audio with an external mic. Even bought a new adapter to eliminate that problem.
Nomad

[ New ]

Can you post a picture of the microphone connection and clearly show the connector being used?  Can you also post a picture of the adapter that you bought?