Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

i cant view files on the PC from SESSION 5 :(

[ New ]
Spoiler
Spoiler
Robot Frustrated

BAD 

GoPro

Re: i cant view files on the PC from SESSION 5 :(

[ New ]

Hello, @grandwave7715. How are you viewing your files? Is it through Quik for desktop? Is your camera recognized by your computer when you connect it directly? If this does not work, try inserting the SD card to your computer instead, using an SD card adapter. 

If the files are detected, and you are unable to view them, do you any error message? Will you be able to send us a screenshot of how the files appear?

Have you tried pairing your HERO5 Session with a mobile device through the GoPro App? Are you able to view the media there? 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I am also having this problem. I  am using the Windows version of Go Pro Quik and with the Hero Session 5. It seems to not be connecting to my Hero Session5, it shows me steps on how to connect, but when followed there is no progress. There are no error messages also.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @arpictures. have a go at the suggested steps above. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

So I have tried the solutions but it still doesn't work. and it does connect to the GoPro App, but not the Quik Windows App. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @arpictures

Are you getting "No Files to Import" on Quik for desktop?

Have you tried using an SD card adapter to view the files?

Please go over the steps on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-is-Not-Recognized-on-Quik-for-desktop-Windows/ta-p/392932

Make sure that your computer drivers are all up to date.
You can also try this: go to Device Manager> Find GoPro> Select "Disable" then "Enable".

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Good morning. I have a similar problem, the Gopro Quik app installed on my Macbook correctly detects the camera but does not detect the SD card and  does not transfer files from camera to Mac. I used it twice, the first time read the SD after many difficulties, the second did not detect it anymore. I reinstalled the App but without success. Works correctly with the iPhone (wi-fi connect). Why? Thanks. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @faustof3505

Please try the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Mac

You may also try the workaround shared on https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/GoPro-Quick-Mac-import-not-working-import-butt...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej