Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

i can't connect my Hero 8 to windows 10

I need help please :)

I would like to connect my cam to my computer with USB port but my computer doesn't find it. I use Quick desktop and i have the same problem, i can't import pictures and videos

Someone could help me please :)

Thank you !

Pierre

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: i can't connect my Hero 8 to windows 10

Hello @pierret61860

Please go over the steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

A potential fix for the problem users are running into trying to import Hero 8 Black footage on their Windows PC's using the GoPro QUIK app. The USB 2.0 cabl...
Highlighted
Tourist

check if the camera's display says "usb connected", meaning that file transfer is activated and not just charging the camera through usb.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Been there done that, and I  today will do a vid again on it. we'll see what causes it. updates from windows,  drop of  the camera etc..

mine the usb  shows a,dn the chime dings but no actual opening at all.  Iknow to go to devices in settings and i know to reinstall.   and I am positive Microsoft resets things as this was  Just rest within the week of software updates?

Highlighted
Adventurer

Swore i hit submit yesterday answering, guess I   navigated away to fast