Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

hypersmooth high on hero 8 black

Hello. 

I was reading this article, ( http://abekislevitz.com/gopro-hero8-black/ ) and Abe Kislevitz seems to hint that there may be more framrate/resolution combinations coming out that will allow the use of hypersmooth high in 4:3 and superview modes.  It's how I read it anyway.  I could see that coming out on next year's gopro (Hero 9 Black?) but I am wondering if there are any plans to add hypersmooth high to any of the superview or 4:3 framerate/resolution combinations in a future firmware update on the hero 8 black.  See the quote below.  Thank you.

SuperView (16mm)

This is still the same classic SuperView you’re used to. Those of you that use it seem to swear by it. SuperView is slightly different than the other lenses in that it actually pulls from the whole sensor (taller view than 16:9 modes), then squishes the video down, and pinches the middle. I explain this whole process and how to do it manually in this blog post. All you need to know is it gives you the most vertical view of the action, while remaining in a 16:9 frame. Use this for POV mostly, otherwise the ‘dynamic stretching’ as we call it, might produce some funky results. HyperSmooth is available in SuperView, but there’s no HyperSmooth High or HyperSmooth Boost (yet).