Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

how to update go pro manually

i power on my go pro hero 8 and then i try connecting it to my phone on go pro app and it loads for awhile then fails. i have also tried to add it as a new device and rename it, when i do that, it connect and everything and then when i rename and press save new name it brings me too another screen where i have to update the software so i press update and then from there it loads for awhile and fails i have tried everything and dont know what to do. if i could have somebody on the phone help me that would be greatly apprectaited but email back is ok too.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: how to update go pro manually

Hello, @adroitligh6651. We recommend doing a manual firmware update. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you.  Make sure as well that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed on your mobile device. After the updates, restart your phone. The camera should pair as normal with the GoPro App. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: how to update go pro manually

Hello, @adroitligh6651. We recommend doing a manual firmware update. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you.  Make sure as well that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed on your mobile device. After the updates, restart your phone. The camera should pair as normal with the GoPro App.