Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

how to stop fusion from turning off while plugged in on stand by

how to stop fusion from turning off while plugged in on stand by

Nomad

Re: how to stop fusion from turning off while plugged in on stand by

Don't leave it on stand by for long lengths of time.  If you need to leave the camera plugged in but not be in use, I'd recommend getting a smart remote and using that to power on and off the camera when not in use.  I use a single smart remote on my GP Hero 2, 2 x GP Hero 4's, 2 x GP Hero 6's and 2 x GP Hero Fusions (independently or all at the same time).  I've never had an issue doing things that way.

Tourist

You mention long lengths of time, I do not consider 15 minutes long. GoPro tech told me last year that the smart remote does not work for fusion when I talked to them about this and other issues when I bought it. Remotes are still listed as not working for Fusion and the only non GoPro one I found that does does not stay paired for long.  They have not made any updates to the Fusion so they must not have wanted to fix it. A looping feature would really solve all my issues of long periods of time with no action with short bursts of action. To me unfortunatlly Fusion is usless, very disapointed in GoPro. I do own two 5s.  

GoPro

@epicgorge82335, you are correct about Smart Remote currently not being compatible with Fusion camera. I appreciate the feedback. We'll have this information shared to the team in charge. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up.

Tourist

Share away but the team was told all of this last year and nothing done. A looping feature would solve all my issue and make it like other more useful GoPros.