Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

how to stop fog in gopro 5 lens

my new gopro 5 lens (withouth) housing has fog in lense when I deep it in water. any help?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: how to stop fog in gopro 5 lens

@Anonymous - Please contact our Customer Support team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus and we'll work through this with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

If you're on vacation and you can't wait 2 weeks for the rice bag trick to work do the following. Put the GoPro 5 into a zip lock bag with rice and make sure the lens faces the top and has no rice on top of it. Adjust until the lens is facing directly up. Boil hot water in a cup with a flat bottom. Take the cup and balance it on top of the lens until all the fog has evaporated. Repeat this step 20 times and the fog will be gone (absorbed by the rice). Alternatively you can use a blow dryer on thr lowest setting from a distance. Don't get too close! The trick is to repeat this multiple times until the steam gets absorbed by the rice. Silica gel packs probably work even better.
Highlighted
Anonymous

put tooth past on the inside of the lens cover and wipe clean with a dry cloth.

Highlighted
Anonymous

How did you get on with this?? I have the same problem, although not from going under water. When using mine the the cold weather it fogged up due to heat from camera being on. Contacted customer support and was told to take lens off and dry out camera (it wasn't wet and I've never had the lens off until now) also not to leave camera on. Never had this issue with any other GoPro. Regretting upgrading at the moment.

Thanks for any help
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi,

Im Having the same issue where the camara fogs up. I used it in a very humid and hot environment without any housing but the camera lens kept fogging up every 5 minutes. I had to remove the lens, clean it with a cloth and put it back then 5 minutes later the lens would be fogged again.

I also had an issue where the battery went from 40% to 0% in seconds, I then removed the battery and put it back and it worked well after doing this. I think it was due to the heat but I never had this issue with my previous GoPro hero 3+ and GoPro 4 Silver.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I also have a black Hero5 and it happens that fogs the lens of my camera. Is it normal what soloing I have? With my other gopro (including 4session) had never happened to me. Thank you

gopro.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Mate

This exact thing happened with mine, did you ever figure out how to stop it?

Cheers