Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

how to save battery?

[ New ]

Hi guys,

I am a newbie of GoPro. Today my first Mountain Bike ride using my new GoPro Hero 7 Black.

It's been a really nice user experience (vocal controls, etc); my only concern is the following:

I have been using the camera only for some short shots (1 min max each time) by saying: Gopro start the video and Gopro stop the video. In total I have realized 21 video shots. BUT, after 2 hours, the camera's battery has died.

Is it normal? Is there a way to make it last much longer? Such as 4/5/6 hours?

Do aby of you have suggestions / tips?

Many thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: how to save battery?

[ New ]

You're leaving the camera in "standby" mode when you are using your voice commands to start and stop the camera so your battery is going to discharging regardless of whether you are recording or not.

You would be better off using a smart remote that uses low power bluetooth to keep the camera turned off when not in use and to activate the camera when you need it.

With the camera recording (or in standby mode when not recording) about an 1 hour will be all your battery will last you.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

Re: how to save battery?

[ New ]

You're leaving the camera in "standby" mode when you are using your voice commands to start and stop the camera so your battery is going to discharging regardless of whether you are recording or not.

You would be better off using a smart remote that uses low power bluetooth to keep the camera turned off when not in use and to activate the camera when you need it.

With the camera recording (or in standby mode when not recording) about an 1 hour will be all your battery will last you.