Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

how to install go pro app on computer

No cell service where I live and the app will not recognize my computer

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: how to install go pro app on computer

Hello @goldenc6

if you are on the setup screen where it prompts you to connect to the app, you can skip this process by pressing the back button on the upper left-hand side.

If you are trying to update the camera, please proceed with a manual update.

See https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black

You would need an SD card adapter for this.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Doesn't get that far, says no device---cell phone--- found

Highlighted
GoPro

@goldenc6, are you trying to connect your GoPro with the GoPro App on your mobile device? Please check out this article Pair Your Camera with the GoPro App for the pairing instructions.

The GoPro App is only compatible with mobile devices and can't be installed on a computer. You don't need cell service to run the app. The app can be downloaded and installed through Apple Store or Google Play via Wi-Fi.

If the problem is connecting your GoPro camera to your computer, please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Use the GoPro USB-C cable that came with the camera.

Additionally, please go to the HERO9 Black camera's "Connection" settings and tap on "USB Connection". If it is currently set as "GoPro Connect", try changing this to "MTP" and you will be able to access your GoPro from your computer again.

Highlighted
Tourist

@aenriquez wrote:

@goldenc6, are you trying to connect your GoPro with the GoPro App on your mobile device? Please check out this article Pair Your Camera with the GoPro App for the pairing instructions.

The GoPro App is only compatible with mobile devices and can't be installed on a computer. You don't need cell service to run the app. The app can be downloaded and installed through Apple Store or Google Play via Wi-Fi.

If the problem is connecting your GoPro camera to your computer, please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Use the GoPro USB-C cable that came with the camera.

Additionally, please go to the HERO9 Black camera's "Connection" settings and tap on "USB Connection". If it is currently set as "GoPro Connect", try changing this to "MTP" and you will be able to access your GoPro from your computer again.

Thank you for the info, I will certainly try it as soon as I get a new phone.  The app informs me that my phone will not connect so i've ordered a newer one.  Take a look at the video here------https://youtu.be/PpROXSTIMTc-----there is a lot of flickering and out of focus.  I never have this kind of problem with my Garmin Elite so don't know if I'm setting up the camera wrong or what.

Thanks for the help, Golden

Riding in the mtns of Tennessee near Elizabethton east of Johnson City and following a route on my GPS which showed we were on a state route----uuummm