Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

how to i verify if my usb port on my hero 8 is working

[ New ]

I'm trying to figure out if the usb port on my go pro hero 8 is working. 

I've connected it to my pc with the go-pro cable suppllied and it is not picking it up. Also the batter is not charing and no icon on the screen suggets it is connect. 

I also have the go-pro mic adapter which doesn't appear to be connecting either

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: how to i verify if my usb port on my hero 8 is working

[ New ]

Hello, @heroicrang83857. If available, try using a different cable to test. If the cable works with other devices and not work with the camera, there is a high chance that the port on the camera is faulty. In this case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: how to i verify if my usb port on my hero 8 is working

[ New ]

Hello, @heroicrang83857. If available, try using a different cable to test. If the cable works with other devices and not work with the camera, there is a high chance that the port on the camera is faulty. In this case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.