Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

how to get the name and series no. printed on hero5 black

[ New ]

There are no name and series no. printer in the "about this gopro" on the hero5 black, how can I find it?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: how to get the name and series no. printed on hero5 black

[ New ]

Hello @stoutsand36076. Have you been able to pair your GoPro with the GoPro app before? There are troubleshooting steps here that will help re-pair your camera with the app. Have a go at them and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

[ New ]
Are you able to connect to the app?
Also, you can try formatting your SD card in the camera. Remove it and put it in your computer. In the MISC folder there should be a txt file. If you open the file in notepad I believe the information you are looking for is available.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Toy are saying  that you turned on the camera:

Go to Prefrence, scroll to About camera and thegopro name is  blank, as well the serieal number?  the question is have you tried plugging the camera to a computer and  did it recognise it there?

the physical  serial number is in the battery tray area, use a smartphone camera for a snapshot.

the electronic serial number can be on the sd card , since its wiped out of the camera, it is wiped off the card as well.

I had my serial  wiped off and nothing, helped  i RMA'd at gopro for a replacement, this  caused the computer not to recognise the camera, I was able to retrieve a name through the app that was all.

Hiker

[ New ]

The computer can't regenize the gopro camera when connected.

hero5 just can't connect gopro app because of the message "wifi not ready,try again later"

what do you mean by using the smartphone to take a snapshot?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @stoutsand36076. Have you been able to pair your GoPro with the GoPro app before? There are troubleshooting steps here that will help re-pair your camera with the app. Have a go at them and let us know how it goes. Thanks!