Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

how long will the battery last on go7 when recording while charging from wall charge?

[ New ]

first of all, i'm planning to buy a gopro 7 black and don't have any experience on gopro before.

if i record a 1080p/60fps video constantly with no stop while connecting the cable to a 5V/2A wallcharger to keep charging the go7,

approximately how long can the video be recorded before the battery drained?

(assume that the sd card's capacity is large enough to store the video file)

i would like to evaluate the way to use go7, so is it possible to estimate this? does anyone have such experience?

Explorer

Re: how long will the battery last on go7 when recording while charging from wall charge?

[ New ]
It will record until the SD card is full. At 1080p/60fps and Protune off, it will record a little over 4 hours on a 64 GB card. With Protune on, it will record about 2 hours and 50 minutes. You want to make sure the camera is well ventilated and not under direct heat.
Adventurer

Re: how long will the battery last on go7 when recording while charging from wall charge?

[ New ]

@boldboost71634 wrote:

first of all, i'm planning to buy a gopro 7 black and don't have any experience on gopro before.

if i record a 1080p/60fps video constantly with no stop while connecting the cable to a 5V/2A wallcharger to keep charging the go7,

approximately how long can the video be recorded before the battery drained?

(assume that the sd card's capacity is large enough to store the video file)

i would like to evaluate the way to use go7, so is it possible to estimate this? does anyone have such experience?

GoPro  while plugged into the  charger with the Battery in will Bipass the  ac currant and be on the batteries recording.  You must remove the Battery and that will allow  recordings of as long as the cards capacity, unless an interruption occures.

If it gets interrupted chances of the last file can be restored or lost (currupted).  the life of the gopro battery is not as long as the older models due to more of  the  newer features of the camera, that uses power.  If gopro  can allow desabeling them wit han Off then we can see longer battery runtimes, lets not forget while setting up, to siting around affects that life,