Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

how long will australia be out of stock for?

My GoProHero7 black has been replaced twice due to faults in freezing, not turning on/off, draining battery overnight while dormant etc. I live in Australia and I have sent back my faulty camera to be replaced a third time. They are telling me there is a national shortage in Australia of GPH7Black cameras. They cannot tell me when I will get my replacement camera back. They say because it comes from a "replacement warehouse". Does that mean your "replacements" are re-conditioned cameras? I find it hard to believe head office is starving Australia of this camera, so why would there be such a delay? 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: how long will australia be out of stock for?

Hi @boldtree1706

I am really sorry for the troubles caused.

Your case is being worked on by our Support Team and our Orders Team.

Please continue working with them regarding the status of your case.

Regards,
Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Ej has Australia really run out of GPH7Black cameras? Or are they just out of the "replacement stock"? If it is the latter, what condition is the replacement stock? Are they recycled/re-used cameras that your local team have tested and verified they are not faulty? I ask because, the retailer that replaced my first 2, replaced them with stock on their existing shelf....so in theory, they could have come from the same faulty production line. This is the first time I am dealing direct with the Go Pro Australian distributor and I am wondering if I will get a camera that has either come from an improved production line, or has come from your quality assurance team and tested for all faults I have experienced with past cameras.

Highlighted
GoPro

@boldtree1706, we are working deliberately to get the process going. It will be best to continue working with our Support team for any further information about the replacement order and your case. You may reach them by phone or chat.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for the suggestion but that is exactly why I came here. The people that answer the Australian phone number appear to be offshore and have no direct contact with the "warehouse people" on the ground in Australia. They have no idea, so I was hoping to hear if other Australians are experiencing the same issue. If they were, then I won't take it personally. if the phone staff were literally located in the Australian warehouse, they would instantly know what stock is there because, they could physically see it (or not). Similarly a bot on chat won't know what is currently in the Australian warehouse.