Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

how do i export slowmo vids from my gopro8

[ New ]

how can i export my slow mo videos from my gopor 8

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: how do i export slowmo vids from my gopro8

[ New ]

The exact same way you export any video from your Hero 8.  Either use the app or remove the memory card, put it into an SD card reader and plug it into your laptop and copy the file across.

If you are finding that your video's are not playing back in slow motion this is because they player you are using has no idea if you want to play back a slow motion video or a normal motion video with a high frame rate.  So most will just default to the high frame rate option.

You need to either adjust the speed settings on the player to see your slow motion or put the file into a video editor and reduce the playback speed.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

[ New ]

The exact same way you export any video from your Hero 8.  Either use the app or remove the memory card, put it into an SD card reader and plug it into your laptop and copy the file across.

If you are finding that your video's are not playing back in slow motion this is because they player you are using has no idea if you want to play back a slow motion video or a normal motion video with a high frame rate.  So most will just default to the high frame rate option.

You need to either adjust the speed settings on the player to see your slow motion or put the file into a video editor and reduce the playback speed.

Sightseer

[ New ]

is there a video editor you recomend 

Backpacker

[ New ]

I use Adobe Premier Pro, it will set you back about $24 per month.

If you want a free video editor, use something like DaVince Resolve Pro (free version).

Sightseer

[ New ]
Thanks I highly appreciate it its it easy to use Adobe premier pro as far as editing it in slow mo