Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

horrible quality video after upload

I recently bought a GoPro Hero 5 and after just uploading all my July 4th videos I am extremely disappointed. is there a setting or just user error. the video looks great and playback looks amazing while watching it on the camera itself. Huge quality loss after upload though. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: horrible quality video after upload

Where are you uploading? The files should look good when watched natively on a computer. If you're uploading to a service like YouTube then initially the files are only watchable at a low resolution. Also, on cloud services you usually have to select the setting on the video to choose your playback resolution.

GoPro Plus uploads the files at 1080p but I don't think the playback resolution is this high. If you download the video off their server it will play at the higher resolution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Where are you uploading? The files should look good when watched natively on a computer. If you're uploading to a service like YouTube then initially the files are only watchable at a low resolution. Also, on cloud services you usually have to select the setting on the video to choose your playback resolution.

GoPro Plus uploads the files at 1080p but I don't think the playback resolution is this high. If you download the video off their server it will play at the higher resolution.
Highlighted
Adventurer

@bhayes85 wrote:

I recently bought a GoPro Hero 5 and after just uploading all my July 4th videos I am extremely disappointed. is there a setting or just user error. the video looks great and playback looks amazing while watching it on the camera itself. Huge quality loss after upload though. 

not knowing your   resolution        it be best to give us that info before spme pne can start guessing right

Highlighted
Explorer

Unless it's WVGA or possibly 720p on a wide screen TV, the capture resolution shouldn't matter much. It would be nice to know the camera settings (ISO & fps) as well as what the lighting was like. Additionally, @bhayes85 can tell us what you are using for play back as well as uploading a video to YouTube or Vimeo and then posting it here.

There are plenty of GoPro videos on social media sites that will attest to the quality of GoPro photos/videos. However, if you would like help with your settings or playing the videos at a high resolution, you'll need to give us more information.
Highlighted
Adventurer

I suggest loading hte MP4 not the  LRV file.  if that is what  is happening