Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: hero7 white doesn't realy turnoff

[ New ]

ok, I will get rid of your camera as soon as I buy a new one,

Goodbye!

GoPro

[ New ]

@richman1000000, QuikCapture enables the ability to power on and record automatically with the press of a single button. When the camera is off and QuikCapture is enabled, you can turn the camera on and immediately begin capturing video or Time Lapse photos just by pressing the shutter/Select button. Press once for video, press and hold for a few seconds for Time Lapse photos. Press again to stop recording and power off the camera.

To disable this feature, swipe the screen down from the top and tap on the icon that has a white rabbit on it (third icon from the left, next to the padlock icon).

Make sure that the camera is updated to the latest firmware and a recommended SD card is used. If the issue persists, please contact our Support Team by phone or live chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquezHello! I disabled QuikCapture  when I learned about it.

The issue still exists. I've contacted your support but this is useless. They want me to send camera back.
After this sh**t https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Payment-Complaints/m-p/379158 I better not.

Bye. this was my worse Customer Experince.

I will buy Sony next time.

Tourist

[ New ]
Same issue here. Soon as I press and hold the mode button it does the beeps and shuts off. Then about 5 seconds later it turns back on. It doesn't stay turned off.

I shut off the quick capture and it still turns back on after being shut off by its self. Would really like to know why this is happening and how to fix it. I have the latest up dates so I don't need that. I need a real solution. My supervisor had bought 8 of theses for our crew to use and I hate to see us return them to buy something else.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @spryflash75. Have you already been able to reset your camera to default settings? This is to disconnect the camera from any Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connected devices that might trigger the camera to power on when nearby. If this has been done and the camera still behaves in the same way, let our Support team know so they can assist you with the next steps. You may reach them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .

Hiker

[ New ]

here is temporary workarounds:

-) keep camera on charger all the time
OR
-) set "Auto Power Off" = 5 min. In  few ours camera will shutdown.
this way camera discharge  from 100% to 91% till next turn on.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, This is exactly what I discovered. I did a factory reset on the camera and did not reconnect it to my phone. After this the camera did stay off. I had to input the date and time manually but oh well, the problem was solved and that is all I care about so that I can use the camera next time and not worry about if the battery is dead. 

As far as those that think setting the auto-off feature to 5 minutes wil help it doesn't. It turns right back on after it shuts off and continues this cycle until the battery dies. 

So those of you having this problem, try the factory reset and DO NOT reconnect to your bluetooth device. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Salut j'ai exactement le même problème et gopro me demande de renvoye mon appareil mais si ce que vous dite fonctionne je la garde