Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

hero7 audio cuts out

I am new to action cameras, just got my hero7 black, I made a test vid and found that it would stop recoarding when it wanted to and when it did recoard the audio would cout out about every 5 to15 seconds, this sounds like it could be a defictive unit, but any help would be gerat.

Thanks Wes

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: hero7 audio cuts out

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @toughjump65206. Updating is highly encouraged since it is a great way to ensure that your camera has the latest features, as well as to help correct any errors with the current software installation.

Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO7 Cameras

• NOTE: Make sure the UPDATE folder is unzipped/extracted, before placing it on the SD card. If the folder is compressed, the camera will not be able to read it.
  • Ensure the UPDATE folder does not have any additional characters in the folder title, i.e. "UPDATE (1)". The camera will only recognize a folder titled "UPDATE", in upper case letters with no additional characters.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, can you please upload a sample raw / unedited footage to your Dropbox or Google drive and share us the link so we can look into the file details.

Kind Regards,

Ann