Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

hero5 session blank lcd

hero 5 session hasnt been used in a while now lcd doesnt work... cant connect to new phone cause lcd is blank and cant access wifi.. also doesnt auto connect to app.... already tried hard reset and nothing

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: hero5 session blank lcd

If you contact support they should be able to tell you the correct number of button presses to get to the Wi-Fi menu to turn it on. Since you are connecting a new phone (I asume it was connected to a different phone before) then you should first do a factory reset. To reset you need to get to the EXIT screen (not sure how many button presses it is) and then hold down the Shutter for about 8 seconds then Menu button followed by the Shutter button.

If you contact the GoPro Support Team they should be able to tell you the correct sequence of button pushes to factory reset and then turn on the Wi-Fi for app connection. If you use the chat feature you can get a transcript of the chat emailed to you so you have it for future reference.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

If you contact support they should be able to tell you the correct number of button presses to get to the Wi-Fi menu to turn it on. Since you are connecting a new phone (I asume it was connected to a different phone before) then you should first do a factory reset. To reset you need to get to the EXIT screen (not sure how many button presses it is) and then hold down the Shutter for about 8 seconds then Menu button followed by the Shutter button.

If you contact the GoPro Support Team they should be able to tell you the correct sequence of button pushes to factory reset and then turn on the Wi-Fi for app connection. If you use the chat feature you can get a transcript of the chat emailed to you so you have it for future reference.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Highlighted
Adventurer

My H5S is not with me   I have a vid some where....

Press back mode on 6 presses t othe  exit screen.