Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

hero5 black won't update software and won't turn off.

[ New ]

I've tried the manual software update...originally it would turn onto video mode and when stopped would turn off and could not change mode.

did the software update and now it won't turn off.

i'm using the same sd card I always have.Sandisk Extreme 64gb

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: hero5 black won't update software and won't turn off.

[ New ]

Hello @swiftdawn55342

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your camera. How do you power your camera on. Based on the description that you provided, I am gathering that you may be using the QuikCapture function. When the camera is off and you press on the Shutter button (top button marked by a red circle), the camera immediately does a recording and pressing on the Shutter button again stops the recording and turns the camera off. If this is the case, try powering the camera on through the Mode button (side button). Once turned on, you can navigate through the touch screen display and set the camera to the mode that you want. 

If this is not what is going on, please let us know by posting back so we can further assist you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @swiftdawn55342

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your camera. How do you power your camera on. Based on the description that you provided, I am gathering that you may be using the QuikCapture function. When the camera is off and you press on the Shutter button (top button marked by a red circle), the camera immediately does a recording and pressing on the Shutter button again stops the recording and turns the camera off. If this is the case, try powering the camera on through the Mode button (side button). Once turned on, you can navigate through the touch screen display and set the camera to the mode that you want. 

If this is not what is going on, please let us know by posting back so we can further assist you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks Marius that seems to be working now

GoPro

[ New ]

Great to know, @swiftdawn55342. Thank you for the update. Stay stoked and enjoy using your GoPro!