Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

hero5 black flashing red light, and exclamation point

Hi

I have problem with my GoPro Hero5 Black. I couldn't connect it with the GoPro app on my iPhone, so I tried to update it with Quic for desktop. It was interupted with an error message when i did that, and i tried it twice. After that i couldn't start the camera, i was red flashing light and an exclamation point on the front screen.

Then i tried to update it manually, as i can read about on your support forums. But it didn't help, so now i'm sitting here with an expensive but useless camera. When i restart my GoPro, first i can see a camera and the numbers "1/2" for about a tenth of a second, and than that exclamation point on the front screen. There is a microSD-card in it with the update-folder. Tha same happens when there's no update-folder on the microSD-card.
I now have tried everything that is written on the sopport-site but nothing works. what should I do?

Regards
Björn

IMG_5606.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Sightseer

Re: hero5 black flashing red light, and exclamation point

I'm using a Sandisc card.

I mixed up the SD cards with and without the update-folder. With the right card the update worked excellent.

So now it's working fine again.🙂

Thank's.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @boldridge10635

What SD card are you using?

Please try to do a complete format of your SD card using a computer.

Once done, try the manual update again.

This should clear out the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Sightseer

I'm using a Sandisc card.

I mixed up the SD cards with and without the update-folder. With the right card the update worked excellent.

So now it's working fine again.🙂

Thank's.