Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

hero session won't connect to app/phone

Among other issues i'm having with my Hero Session, it recently won't allow me to connect to my phone/Capture app. I tried going through the whole pairing process, but once I enter the PIN number I get the same error that it won't connect.

Side note, I have been on hold with customer service for over 40 minutes with no answer, and the online chat tool isn't available.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: hero session won't connect to app/phone

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about the pairing issues. Have you had a chance to go through this article? https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Capture-Camera-Connection-Troubleshooting . That should help you get connected again!

Cheers,

Ryan

Highlighted
Anonymous

didnt work for me this article, i still cant connect my camera to capture app nor see my camera wifi connection on my wifi list. I had this done when i  first bought it but suddenly one day these things it stopped working. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same problem as the gopro session does not give a long enough password though only a 4 digid one

@Anonymous wrote:

didnt work for me this article, i still cant connect my camera to capture app nor see my camera wifi connection on my wifi list. I had this done when i  first bought it but suddenly one day these things it stopped working. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @hardybluff34824,

If you get in touch with our Support Team they should be able to help! https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Cheers,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

I did all the steps including updating the firmware manually by downloading the update files. The gopro session updated and rebooted and still wouldn't connect to 3 different apple devices. Very upset on the amount of time trying to connect this device to my iPhones and ipad, which are all updated.
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Where in the process are you having issues? Are you getting any error messages?