Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

hero session reset captureus password

[ New ]

When I am trying to connect my new phone to my old HERO Session go pro, it detects the device after i ADD NEW, then asks for my captureus password, I can't remeber this password, how can I get this to work on my new phone!

It then says you can connect using the default password, what is this?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: hero session reset captureus password

[ New ]

Hello @lorypro

Please go over the steps below:

1. Ensure that the camera is entirely turned off (no LED lights flashing, nothing on the camera Status Screen). 
  2. Press and hold the INFO/WI-FI button for 8-10 seconds; you will be prompted with "Reset Wi-Fi." The button can now be released. 
  3. Press the INFO/WI-FI button once to highlight YES. 
  4. Press the SHUTTER button once to select YES; the camera will prompt you that the reset has occurred, then turn off. 
  5. Follow the pairing instructions here, to set up a new name and password during the GoPro App pairing process. 

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: hero session reset captureus password

[ New ]

Hello @lorypro

Please go over the steps below:

1. Ensure that the camera is entirely turned off (no LED lights flashing, nothing on the camera Status Screen). 
  2. Press and hold the INFO/WI-FI button for 8-10 seconds; you will be prompted with "Reset Wi-Fi." The button can now be released. 
  3. Press the INFO/WI-FI button once to highlight YES. 
  4. Press the SHUTTER button once to select YES; the camera will prompt you that the reset has occurred, then turn off. 
  5. Follow the pairing instructions here, to set up a new name and password during the GoPro App pairing process. 

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej