Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

hero black 8 not water proof

First of all I had used twice and the back screen went blank. Couldn’t see what pictures I was taking but was still working, had a look online and contacted support to try and reset but nothing was working. I am currently traveling so have no way of sending it back just yet but I used this today in the water and it now won’t start at all, it’s some how got water damage?? Really disappointed as I got this for a Christmas present in December and used this 3 times and now it’s completely broken!
image.jpg
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: hero black 8 not water proof

Why is there a charging cable in the camera when it clearly has water inside? Sorry to hear about the camera, but plugging it into electricity is the LAST thing would want to do.

I use my HERO8 in the ocean 3-4 times a week and have been for a couple months now. As long as the door is properly shut and the gasket clean, they most certainly are waterproof. Perhaps yours had a defect, but in general, these cameras are waterproof up to 10 meters.

This is a member to member support forum. You should continue working with GoPro Support. If you would like to leave feedback, you can do so here https://gopro.com/en/us/feedback
Highlighted
Sightseer

This must be faulty as everything was completely closed and I’ve read the same issues with other customers on this chat.

Thanks for your reply :).
Highlighted
Hiker

Of course its always user error.. not like these cameras could ever be low quality or something , not like the lens could just fall out . 

If daniels gopro can be used in the ocean then everyones camera must be exactly the same 

lens.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @georgie97,

Please contact GoPro (English - US) Customer Support. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Before filling out the form please change your  Country and Language.

On the upper right hand corner of GoPro's web page there is a globe icon.

Just click on that then choose English US. 

Fill out the necessary information then initiate chat or call back. 

-Jay