Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

hero 9 firmware update has landed.

[ New ]

just going to download it now

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 17.00.57.png
Tourist

Re: hero 9 firmware update has landed.

[ New ]

I've got it installed. Now if I can ever snag the Max Lens Mod my life will be complete. 😂 

Hiker

[ New ]

Ho fatto delle prove veloci...sembra che il problema del POP dell'audio siano scomparsi; proverò questa sera con calma speriamo bene

il touchscreen è migliorato

Andrea

Nomad

[ New ]

:-)

yes

Its installed, not really seen anything to different so far.

Nomad

[ New ]

excellent

Nomad

[ New ]

I went to install it via the app only to find the app was listing ver 1.21......  (I'm already on 1.21) so that's a bad start.

I did the manual update to 1.22 and that worked like a charm.

I can confirm the following, the touch screen is hugely improved IMHO.  The menu's are now responsive and work much much better.  In fact, the menu's are fully usable.  No more "press and hope".  So that was a great improvement.

Tourist

[ New ]

I too got a message on the app saying it would install 1.21. I figured what the heck and installed with the app anyway. Lo and behold 1.22 installed. GoPro must have been so excited to publish the 1.22 they forgot about what the app would say. 😂 

Nomad

[ New ]

When I updated via the app, the camera completed the update.  I checked the firmware version and it was still reading 1.21  I'm guessing they forgot to point their servers to the right update.

The manual update took care of it though and updated to the right version.  I'm guessing by now that little boo boo with the app has been fixed though.

So issues still waiting to be fixed.

GPS issue (major fix needed)

Camera freezing, dropping connection or rebooting when downloading multiple files to the app.

GoPro Mic Adapter support (due in November update)

Hiker

[ New ]

NO....il problemi all'audio ci sono ancora...che schifo!!

Nomad

[ New ]

The touchscreen response is night and day with new firmware. Much better.

It also seems to have fixed an issue with the Media Mod and connecting via the USB C port directly to my Mac.

I can now see and access the files without having to remove the Mod and connecting the GoPro directly each time.

Good stuff--now fix the Promic adapter!

Nomad

[ New ]

Sorry.. don't want to be confusing.

GoPro needs to fix the Promic adapter for next month.

Nomad

[ New ]

Sorry don't want to be confusing either...

GoPro have already said they intend to fix the Promic adapter for next month.

https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero9-black-launch-updates

Nomad

[ New ]

Indeed, GPS still sucks big time and really need to know if it will be a product recall (like Karma) or a software fix.

Tested in back garden and still the track went all over the place.

Hiker

[ New ]

Can someone confirm was the pops and cracks in audio fixed?

Nomad

[ New ]

We can only confirm it's been fixed if we have experienced pops and cracks in the audio.  If we haven't then we may not be able to repeat the pops and cracks and therefore cannot confirm if it's been fixed or not.

Do you get pops and cracks in all resolutions and frame rates you shoot in or just certain frame rates and resolutions?  Also, are you using a media mod or just the camera itself?

Tourist

[ New ]

My GoPro HERO9 has been installing firmware v1.22 for the past 75 minutes. First the GoPro app on my Galaxy S10+ briefly downloaded the installation package and then spent maybe 5 minutes by transferring the files to the camera. The app has now rotated the blue "installing update" circles for the past 70 minutes. The camera has been blinking the red rec light all along. Judging by its rate of heat generation, the initially full battery will likely run out during the next two hours.

What am I supposed to do? The update does not proceed by itself. Should I interrupt the clearly halting progress or wait until the camera runs out of battery (or charge it indefinitely, maybe forever)? I fear I risk bricking the camera regardless of my choice of acting or waiting until the battery is dead.

Good thing I have the suscription, but this would be a disappointing way of losing the camera. Really, the device getting bricked due to an update going wrong like that would call for a full refund, not the 100 € substitution for a new one.

Nomad

[ New ]

Dont worry, the update fixes little. The touch screen is still slow and slugginsh, and the audio still unusable. 

Mines going back.. Looking to see if the Pocket 2 will replace it.. One thing I know with DJI, the product will work..

Sightseer

[ New ]

Touch performance very good! Thanks

Nomad

[ New ]

bummer was excited to think it was the nov release......... so many issues still to fix with my shelf queen

Spoiler
:( 
Adventurer

[ New ]

The long wait is over I lost interest

Nomad

[ New ]

Gopro is a self service checkout now. they expect us to keep on top of their issues not the other way around.

Who would think that gopro would even give you the easiest courtisy of a simple email saying your BRAND NEW CAMERA you payed top dollar for that is FILLED WITH BUGS now has a fix - please download it here......... Not in Gopro land it has to match up to their support system which doesn't exist - its only fellow users that help other users here

i get better service from a vending machine; at least it spits money out if put in incorrectly

this ship is sinking and i choose not to go down with this ship - glad to say my hobo 9 is now sold and only have a bargain AU$200 2nd hand hero 7 black to see me out. but keen to see what else evolves

Tourist

[ New ]

This updated completly broke my GoPro. Now the entire rear screen does not work at all.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @cowboy15

How was the last update done?

See if a manual update will work. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej