Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: hero 9 firmware update has landed.

NO....il problemi all'audio ci sono ancora...che schifo!!

Highlighted
Hiker

The touchscreen response is night and day with new firmware. Much better.

It also seems to have fixed an issue with the Media Mod and connecting via the USB C port directly to my Mac.

I can now see and access the files without having to remove the Mod and connecting the GoPro directly each time.

Good stuff--now fix the Promic adapter!

Highlighted
Hiker

Sorry.. don't want to be confusing.

GoPro needs to fix the Promic adapter for next month.

Highlighted
Nomad

Sorry don't want to be confusing either...

GoPro have already said they intend to fix the Promic adapter for next month.

https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero9-black-launch-updates

Highlighted
Nomad

Indeed, GPS still sucks big time and really need to know if it will be a product recall (like Karma) or a software fix.

Tested in back garden and still the track went all over the place.

Highlighted
Hiker

Can someone confirm was the pops and cracks in audio fixed?

Highlighted
Nomad

We can only confirm it's been fixed if we have experienced pops and cracks in the audio.  If we haven't then we may not be able to repeat the pops and cracks and therefore cannot confirm if it's been fixed or not.

Do you get pops and cracks in all resolutions and frame rates you shoot in or just certain frame rates and resolutions?  Also, are you using a media mod or just the camera itself?

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

My GoPro HERO9 has been installing firmware v1.22 for the past 75 minutes. First the GoPro app on my Galaxy S10+ briefly downloaded the installation package and then spent maybe 5 minutes by transferring the files to the camera. The app has now rotated the blue "installing update" circles for the past 70 minutes. The camera has been blinking the red rec light all along. Judging by its rate of heat generation, the initially full battery will likely run out during the next two hours.

What am I supposed to do? The update does not proceed by itself. Should I interrupt the clearly halting progress or wait until the camera runs out of battery (or charge it indefinitely, maybe forever)? I fear I risk bricking the camera regardless of my choice of acting or waiting until the battery is dead.

Good thing I have the suscription, but this would be a disappointing way of losing the camera. Really, the device getting bricked due to an update going wrong like that would call for a full refund, not the 100 € substitution for a new one.