Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

hero 8 wont turn on or charge. used one time when i got on christmas

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: hero 8 wont turn on or charge. used one time when i got on christmas

@activecres2632, sorry to hear about the trouble. The power or charging issue in the camera can be related to either the charging fault, charging cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue: HERO8 Black - Will Not Power On

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Tourist

yes i am getting the same, was ok but had the occasional freeze/lockup since i got it, but a 10 sec press on mode it would be fine again, and super hot when i charged it each time, this normal? but now it will not power at all will have to contact support in au hours, sad because i loved it :(  

Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry to know that @richardv10437

You really have to contact GoPro customer support. 

It is not the normal behavior of the camera. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

yes i will be asap! is there a direct contact for australia or just global? thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @richardv10437. There is no direct contact number for Support in Australia. To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

Highlighted
Tourist

ok thank you! done last night!