Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

hero 8 cannot connect via wi-fi to PC.

[ New ]

I have a several Hero 7 black and they every one are connected and visible on a PC via wi-fi. 

I bougth a new hero 8 black and now trying to turn on wi-fi and connect to the camera directly. But it doesnt visible in my wi-fi list on notebook (Windows 10 and Windows 7). 

I tried to: 

- Change Ghz from 5 to 2.4Ghz on Camera

- Reset Wireless settings on Camera

- Load factory def. on GoPro

- on/off GoPro 

- on/off wifi on different notebook (Win 7,10)

- pray on it

Can any one help me what happend with wi-fi on GoPro hero 8 Black? Why it is non visible in wi-fi list?

GoPro

Re: hero 8 cannot connect via wi-fi to PC.

[ New ]

Hi @prikazov,

May I know why are you trying to connect your camera to your PC via Wi-Fi?

If you want to contact your camera please use mobile phone instead since PC won't work. 

If you want to transfer your files please use SD card adapter or connect your camera using USB cable. 

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]

Я делаю фото и видео оборудование и часто нужно подключаться к камере, запускать съемку удаленно, и получать снятое видео сразу, без использования провода, кардридера и стороннего ПО на телефоне. Сейчас популярно очень на праздниках и мероприятиях снимать видео и быстро их монтировать со своим алгоритмом. Поэтому мы покупаем камеры GoPro и подключаем их по wi-fi. 

Если этой возможности не будет, то лично я сам не стану покупать больше GoPro. Лично мною было куплено более 15 камер только за один год... другие люди как я тоже пользуются такой возможностью, а следовательно продукция GoPro станет не актуальна без таких возможностей. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Up! Есть поддержка у GoPro или нет? 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Exact same problem here.

I bought a H8B for nothing. Bought and built a whole set of gear that depended on having this falsely adversited "WIFI" connectivity and now I'm stuck with a cra**y product.

Gopro Support is both nationally and globally unreachable and I am loosing money every day until this is fixed. Hero 7B worked like a charm on similar setups:

1. Turn on Wifi

2. Connect the computer to the displayed SSID and password

3. Connection done, free to use my software with the gopro.

With H8B I just never got it to work after the first try. Why did you change it to something worse with less features?

Now, the only time this worked, my steps were:

1. Turn wireless on "in-camera" and select connect to app

2. Open app on phone and pair

3. Do not connect to the suggested wifi to the phone

4. Connect the wifi on the PC instead, the intended device.

5. Repeat this everytime the camera or PC are away or turned off.

This worked ONE time, then it never worked again after I turned the camera on and off. It's pretty frustrating and unreliable at least:

A. It requires a third device to allow us connecting the top of the line gopro to a PC, why?

B. After connecting to the gopro the first time, it will never again connect wether I reset the phone settings, laptop settings or gopro settings, it just NEVER works.

I tried changing from 5ghz to 2.4ghz, tried rebooting all devices, tried all sorts of steps and after talking to 2-3 other people like me, who depend on gopros being connected to their laptops for their jobs and for a living, everyone has the same issues.

Right now my only option is returning this H8B and getting a H7B, loosing hypersmooth 2.0 at 120fps, the main reason I needed a gopro h8b for. I am deeply dissapointed by all this and I get no answers, no support and no solutions in a foreseeable future.

This is beyond unacceptable.

Screenshot 2020-03-02 at 19.04.38.png
Sightseer

[ New ]

same problem, really frustrating since it seemed to work in the last firmware update.  cmon were all in lockdown i need to livestream **bleep** someone get on this with more than "connect usb to read your photos" r u kidding me

Sightseer
Sightseer

[ New ]

Agree with crappy wi-fi connection. It shouldn't be this hard. This GoPro Hero 8 is going back to the store... they can deal with the used product if there are no answers to this.