Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

hero 8 black - door not sure if closed?

I just got new hero 8 black. 

i just installed battery, card...and than found this "hole" on top next to button - and it looks that is not completly sealed - so i am affraid that water will come inside. is this normal? i didnt even use camera not even once. And battery is normaly inisde and even closed properly on other side with that new button on this hero 8 black. 

any suggestion or comment please?

hole at door next to button

IMG_6722.jpg

IMG_6720.jpg

Adventurer

Re: hero 8 black - door not sure if closed?

reopen and reseat, I say. if not sure.

Tourist

i did open door several times..even put down and back..stil the same. affraid to put in water to test. 

GoPro

Hi @zupym,

It's normal. That is how HERO8 is designed. 

If you're unsure try to test it with few water drops and dry it out before opening the door and check if there will be any sign of water getting in to the camera. 

Regards,

-Jay

Adventurer

I tested out my cameras with a tissue inside and only  getting to the line of the cameras opening never a full dunk, fully dry off and open if Wet stop if dry you are good.

Nomad

This is how the door is supposed to look.  I have made a short video demonstrating opening and closing the battery door on the Hero 8:

Tourist

Thanks Jay. Was really not sure about it. 

Tourist

Thanks @irishmanpdx. On the video i dont see the opposite site when doors are locked if it looks the same as on mine. "kind of hole" with few metal seen.