Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

hero 7Black battery all of a sudden goes dead.

[ New ]

My Hero 7Black batter seems to die very rapidly. as in goes from 100% to zero in a mater of seconds. I had my batteries all charged up. was out for a dive and was taking a few small video clips. still had more than 90% battery. as soon as i jumped in the water a few minutes later and tried to turn on my gopro it was completely dead. this has happend on numerous times. my gopro is updated with the latest software. and i have all my settings set to use less battery power as possible. I've also had my gopro lock up on me and the only way i can turn it off is to pull the battery out. since i use mine for mostly scuba diving this is a pain in the ass to end a dive or miss out of filming because theres an issue with the battery.

Any one have any ideas what might be the problem? or how to fix it? thanks.

GoPro

Re: hero 7Black battery all of a sudden goes dead.

[ New ]

Hello @cmdrtron

Sorry for any trouble caused.

How are you charging the battery? Have you tried using a different adapter or cable?

Try charging the battery fully,

Take it out of the camera then check it again the next day.

See what percentage you'll be getting.

You may also try re-flashing the software. Follow the manual update steps on https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black

Let us know how it goes.
If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I have been using the GoPro dual battery charger with the supplied usb c cable and either my computer or an apple adapter to plug into the wall. 

I have also charged it in the Hero 7black when pluged into my computer. 

I'll try both suggested tips. I'll get back to you about how that goes. 

When the battery comptetely dies it really screws up the clock in the GoPro. keeps reverting back to 2016 01 02. for some reason. Thus making it hard to find my clips afterwards.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you, @cmdrtron. Let us know how it goes.

Tourist

[ New ]

i appolgize for the late reply.

So i charged up the batteries and checked them the next day and again a few days later. they are still showing 100%. Im going to leave them in over night to see if the % drops and then try the flash update. 

Thanks for your help. 

Troy.